Ready to learn how to get out of debt? The tips and resources below can help you do exactly that.
As a debt expert who has paid off over $147,000, I approach things from the point of view of someone who has been there and done that. I understand the struggle and I have the experience needed to show folks how to get out of debt.
Getting out of debt is really about changing your mindset, and that’s a gradual (but completely doable!) process. We started by paying off our credit cards, and then moved on to other debts after that.
Here’s our manifesto:
We don’t need debt to get ahead. We can stand on our own two feet. We’re capable, hardworking, and smart. When an emergency happens, we’ll rely on money and our own resourcefulness to take care of things. We won’t turn to debt in desperation, or at the first little hiccup life hands us. We’re breaking free of the debt myth.
Join in and change your life for good — while helping other like-minded folks who are doing the same. Here are the top articles and resources to help you get started!
- Where to Start to Get Out of Debt
- What Debt to Pay Off First: A Simple Way to Decide What’s Best For You
- Good Debt vs. Bad Debt: What You Need to Know Now
- How to Get Your Spouse On Board With Paying Off Debt
- The (FREE) Debt Mindset Reset 7-day email course
- The Award-Winning App: Pay Off Debt by Jackie Beck
- The Destination Debt Freedom Email Course
- Your Complete Guide to the Debt Snowball Method
- The Debt Avalanche Method Explained
- How to Stop Debt Collectors from Harassing You
- Ways to Get Out If You’re Upside-Down On Your Car Loan
- The Best Place to Live to Pay Off Debt in Each State
- 12 Weird Truths About Getting Out of Debt That Most People Will Never Tell You
- 4 Simple Rules That Helped Us Pay Off Over $147,000
- What It Means to Live Like No One Else and Why It’s Awesome
- In Debt Up to Your Eyeballs? Here’s What You Can Do About It
Get Out of Debt Faster
- How to Speed Up Debt Repayment With One Simple Trick
- Reach Debt Freedom Faster with This One Simple Mindset Hack
- Pay Off Your House Faster with Biweekly Mortgage Payments
Staying Motivated While Paying Off Debt
- 4 Remarkably Simple Ways to Stay Motivated While Paying Off Debt
- The Secret to Staying Motivated When Getting Out of Debt
- Things to Consider When You Feel Like You Will Never Get Out of Debt
- Get What You Really Do Deserve With Your Money (It’s Not Debt)
- Free Coloring Pages & Debt Tracker Printables to Keep You Motivated
Credit Card Debt
- Conquering the Fear of Cutting Up Credit Cards
- Should You Freeze Your Credit Cards in Ice?
- The Best Way to Pay Off Credit Cards, Plus a Common Trap to Avoid
Student Loan Debt
- Why You SHOULD Worry About Student Loan Interest
- When You Should & Shouldn’t Refinance Your Student Loans
- Stopping Student Loan Garnishment on Federal Loans
- Income Based Student Loan Repayment Options: There’s a Catch
Pitfalls to Avoid
- Avoid These Classic Mistakes
- 7 Surprising Reasons People Stay in Debt
- Why You Can’t Borrow Your Way Out of Debt
- Is It a Good Idea to Consolidate Your Debt?
- Should You Use Your 401K to Pay Off Debt?
- Debt and Suicide: Killing Yourself Over Debt
Debt Free Stories
- Our Debt Free Story: Paying Off More Than $147,000 in Debt
- We Were Tired of Being Broke, So We Paid off $52K in 7 Months
- How We Paid Off Our $195,000 Mortgage in 4 Years
- What It Takes to be Debt Free When You Make $30,000 a Year
- How We Paid Off Our Mortgage 10 Times Faster Than Normal
- 6 Get Out of Debt Stories That Will Amaze & Inspire You
- 5 Reasons We Used an IRA Withdrawal to Pay Off the Mortgage
- How We Paid Off $250,000 in Debt in 5 Years to Reach Financial Freedom
- How We Paid Off $17,000+ in Student Loan Debt
- That Time When You Change Your Family’s Life Forever & Pay Off $100K
- How I Paid Off $10,000 In Credit Card Debt in Two Years
- How We Paid Off $160,000 Worth of Debt and Came Out Stronger
- All the Latest Debt Free Stories