Did you know you can get the things you want without going into debt? That definitely includes going to college debt free! But it takes some work on your part.
To help out with that a little, I’ve created the $150 Debt Free College Scholarship opportunity. It’s a small amount right now, but every little bit helps. I hope to increase the amount in the future.
(Find out how to apply for it below.)
With college prices continuing to rise, it’s even more important to be able to pay for it without going into debt. Make sure you’re getting enough value for your money, too!
Because of that, consider doing things like:
- Living at home while attending college
- Going to less-expensive schools with high graduation rates
- Going to community college first
- Working for an employer who offers college reimbursement
- Working part time or doing side hustles
- And of course applying for scholarships like this one
Who can apply for the Debt Free College Scholarship?
To be considered for the Debt Free College Scholarship, you must either be actively applying to OR currently enrolled in an accredited 2 or 4 year undergraduate- or graduate-level college degree program in the United States.
If you meet that requirement and are willing to write the essay and send it in before the deadline, you can apply. (Limit one application per person per scholarship period.)
Your Debt Free College Scholarship essay submission must:
- Be your own original work on the topic of “Why taking out student loans is risky”.
- Be at least 400 words.
- Not have been submitted elsewhere for potential publication. (The winning essay may be published on this site at a later date.)
Essays will be judged on:
- Level of focus on the topic
- Level of persuasiveness
How to apply:
Email your essay to firstname.lastname@example.org using “scholarship application” as the subject line. Include your full name, mailing address, the school you attend or plan to attend, and a valid email address I can reach you at if you’re chosen as the recipient. I’ll only email you if you’re selected. (Unless you sign up for my email list.)
The annual scholarship period closes on September 30th of each year, and the scholarship will be awarded on or about October 7th of each year.
Email your essay no later than midnight PST on September 30th to be considered for the current annual scholarship period.
Not responsible for misdirected, undelivered, or incomplete applications. Decision of the judge is final.